Platform 1: Hobby Electric Remote Control Car
Project 6a: Remote Control
While the vehicles are already purchased with a remote control transceiver unit, many of these are limited in capabilities, unless one purchases more expensive remotes. The students may design a remote control transceiver unit that meets the following requirements:
· Communicates on an unlicensed band (27MHz, 900MHz, 2.4GHz);
· Is capable of sending and receiving at least 4 channels (throttle, direction, transmission, etc.)
· Is capable of sending PWM and digital signals;
· Sends information at (at least) 25 Baud per channel (higher is better);
· Has a micro-adjustable system for every PWM signal (such as potentiometers).
· Research existing remote control systems in the hobby and industrial worlds;
· Evaluate performance, cost, complexity and capabilities of existing and custom-built solutions;
· Design and build a remote control system that can operate the vehicle in real-time.